Alison had a commercial litigation background for 20 plus years but now specialises in professional indemnity and commercial insurance.
She is heavily involved in professional negligence and risk management work, particularly for solicitors. The Law Society of Scotland Master Policy recently re-appointed her as one of the select Panel of Solicitors to handle professional negligence cases. This involves interface with the insurers and with insured firms, often in complicated circumstances where numerous issues of fact and law must be analysed and balanced. The renewed appointment has increased Alison's already high profile in the Scottish legal profession.
Alison is a regular speaker and chair of seminars on professional indemnity and risk management issues for the Law Society and others. She is also accredited with the Law Society of Scotland as a Commercial Mediator. Mediation has been a growing area of her practice and she has brought many disputes to a successful close through her mediation and negotiation skills.
Alison's commitment is always to resolve disputes quickly and fairly. Clients and fellow professionals recognise her "enthusiastic and client-focused" approach. She is a popular and well-known face in Scottish legal circles, having practised in both Glasgow and Edinburgh, as well as for a short period in Dumfries.
Alison also has a wealth of experience in defending solicitors and other professionals such a surveyors, accountants and a wide range of construction professionals including architects, engineers and D&B contractors.
Away from the office Alison is a talented artist who has exhibited at local galleries.
- "We have enjoyed an excellent working relationship with DWF for a number of years, with Alison Grant taking the lead on all of our dealings. Alison's team provide cradle to grave commercial law support, from advising on terms of appointment and associated documentation through to supporting claims and other contentious matters when these arise. Alison and her team are very responsive when dealing with matters on our behalf. They understand the issues that arise and always do what they say they will do in a timely manner. They have an eye for detail but also maintain a pragmatic focus on the main issues without getting bogged down. A key benefit in our dealings has been Alison's willingness to engage with our wider team in an advisory role to provide an insight into issues relevant to us and to demystify the legal process."
- According to one market commentator, Alison Grant "is pragmatic and quickly identifies the issues in a case, and she is great at picking up the phone and cutting through formalities." She specialises in representing solicitors, but also advises on matters for accountants and insurance companies.
- "While I recognise that you have absolute discretion in choice of a panel solicitor, I confirm that we have been represented in the past by Alison Grant of DWF LLP, whom I could not fault in any way in consequence of which I would take comfort from having her as our representative. If it would be possible to appoint her I would be grateful if you would do so." Request by Panel Solicitor for Alison to be instructed."
- "It was good to see you again and thank you in person for all you did for me. As I said nothing like a bit of common sense and also the woman's touch! Wishing you well in every area of your life"
- "A note to thank you for the lovely office opening party - full of surprises. I thought there was a real family atmosphere. Got a bit confused with the name badges at first as I thought everyone worked for DWF. Alison had a commercial litigation background for 20 plus years but now specialises in professional indemnity and commercial insurance."