Catherine has extensive experience working with both lenders and borrowers on all aspects of finance and secured lending, real estate transactions, enforcement of security and disposal of secured assets. Catherine regularly carries out work for all of the major lending institutions in Northern Ireland, including AIB, Bank of Ireland, Ulster Bank and Danske Bank, as well as several national and international lending institutions, including HSBC, Close Brothers Limited and Atom Bank plc.
Catherine also deals with cross border transactions, working with lawyers in other jurisdictions to advise on and coordinate the delivery of cross-border security. Recently she has worked with other lawyers in England and Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Gibraltar and Jersey.
Catherine's banking and commercial work includes both acquisition and real estate finance. She also advises on all aspects of banking-related transactions, in particular, in relation to the preparation and negotiation of security documentation, reviewing acquisition documentation and carrying out title reviews. She also has extensive experience of remediating title issues and defects in security.
Catherine also deals with the realisation of distressed property assets and also advises fixed charge receivers, mortgagees and insolvency practitioners in relation to the disposal of both commercial and residential property.In addition, Catherine acts in corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, internal company structuring and compliance.
- The Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Belfast Solicitors’ Association
Catherine's recent experience includes:
- Acting for the funder in the acquisition of a pig farm and the refinance of 5 other pigs farms with a value of £3,000,000.
- Acting for the funder in the acquisition of a service station and associated business with a value of £5,000,000.
- Acting for the funder in the acquisition of a pharmacy business, including three stand alone pharmacies, with a value of £3,500,000.
- Acting for the vendor in the sale of a large group of fast food restaurants and franchises across 5 jurisdictions with a value of over £135,000,000.