Daniel specialises in complex insurance litigation with a keen interest in Mild Traumatic Brain Injury, Functional Neurological Disorder and Chronic Pain. Daniel is head of DWF's Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Group.
His experience also covers the full breadth of catastrophic injury types and he enjoys developing bespoke solutions to difficult cases with insurers, making use of data, technology and rehab wherever appropriate.
Daniel also specialises in non-injury litigation and acts for insurers in relation to cases as wide ranging as:
- HSE/Local Authority investigations and prosecutions
- A broad scope of non-injury claims such as high value cases arising out of the failure of construction equipment, bridge strike claims, damage to elevated roads and tree root claims
- Policy coverage disputes, policy wording, advice on indemnity and the decision to issue declinature letters
- The successful strike out of a claim pleaded at £5 million, the strike out was upheld on appeal and the defendant was awarded their costs of the action to be paid by the claimant's barrister.
- The reduction of a chronic pain claim initially pleaded at just under £2 million to just over £200,000.00 agreed at a RTM.
- The reduction of a claim for (amongst other things) erectile dysfunction and infertility pleaded at around £400,000.00 to a settlement figure of around £70,00.00.