Elżbieta Buczkowska has a great wealth of experience in conducting and coordinating domestic and international litigation cases. Her expertise focuses mainly on European Union and international law. Elżbieta represents Clients before the European Union Courts and European Commission agencies. She has also almost 15 years' experience in commercial litigation before the Polish courts.
Elżbieta worked for more than seventeen years in governmental administration of the Republic of Poland. She was responsible for representing the Republic of Poland in proceedings before the European Union Courts. Her professional experience included also a variety of other important legal tasks related to Polish accession to the European Union and, after accession, to Poland’s functioning in the Union, including legal advice on European Union law and its effective implementation into the Polish legal system.
For over 10 years Elżbieta Buczkowska was leading a team of governmental lawyers responsible for the court representation of the State Treasury and representation of the Republic of Poland before the courts, tribunals and other bodies adjudicating in international relations in matters entrusted to the Office. Elżbieta has also extensive experience in other legal capacities, including drafting legal opinions, involvement in the legislative process, advice on drafting and negotiation of various international treaties.
- Attorney-at-law - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Advising a leading company operating in the gas and oil sector in precedent antirust proceedings before UOKiK alleging participation in a cartel of price fixing, market sharing and bid rigging on the Warsaw heating market (pending).
- Representing the Polish gas transmission operator Gaz System in proceedings before the Court of First Instance in a case initiated by an application for interim relief against the decision of the European Commission regarding the OPAL gas pipeline from TPA.
- Representing Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A. Warsaw in the proceedings before the Court of First Instance in a case initiated by an application to annul the Commission Decision relating to a proceeding under Article 102 TFEU and the commitments of the public joint stock company Gazprom and Gazprom Export LLC.
- Representing Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A.in litigation before the Court of Justice of the European Union as the second instance court against the European Commission instituted by way of an appeal against the decision of the European Commission regarding the OPAL gas pipeline.
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 - Dispute Resolution (Tier 1)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 - Competition/Antitrust (Tier 2)