With more than 8 years’ post admission experience, Emily is a highly regarded workplace relations lawyer. She acts for employer clients ranging from a broad array of industries across all areas of workplace relations, industrial relations and general employment law.
Emily’s areas of particular expertise include:
- Employment disputes and litigation relating to unfair dismissal, general protections, restraint of trade and confidential information;
- Anti-discrimination, equal opportunity, bullying and harassment;
- Providing advice and assistance in relation to general employment issues, including:
- Redundancy and restructuring;
- Performance management and dismissals;
- Workplace investigations;
- Award compliance;
- Employment agreements,;
- Contractor arrangements and agreements; and
- Enterprise agreements.
More specifically, Emily has acted in conciliations at the Australian Human Rights Commission, the Victorian Equal Opportunity Human Rights Commission, and the Fair Work Commission. She has also acted for clients in general protections matters and mediations in the Federal Circuit Court and the Federal Court, as well as workplace related litigious matters in various Australian legal jurisdictions.
Emily regularly presents at various discussion groups and seminars on a range of emerging HR and Employment Law issues. She enjoys unpacking these issues and generating discussions. When she’s not in the office, Emily spends her time practicing Yoga and Pilates, enjoying walks on the beach with her King Charles Cavalier and indulging in her guilty obsession with reality television.