Katie joined DWF Advocacy in 2015, and has a busy practice in both written and oral advocacy, as well as mediation.
Acting for insurers, commercial organisations and professional individuals directly, as well as through DWF and other solicitors’ practices, Katie has notable expertise in employment (in particular discrimination claims), catastrophic personal injury & occupational health, industrial disease, professional indemnity, clinical negligence, fraud, prisoner claims and commercial litigation.
Katie is a busy advocate, appearing in a wide range of hearings, from pre-trial reviews through to small claims, complex costs and case management hearings. Katie has a large drafting practice with regular instructions to draft advices and statements of case.Before joining DWF Advocacy, Katie was part of a root and branch review into the bar's disciplinary procedures. Katie went on to aid in the overhauling of what is now the Bar Tribunal and Adjudication Service and headed a working group responsible for drafting the sentencing guidelines for the bar whilst working closely with Bar Standards Board.
- The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn International Scholarship (Beijing 2012)
- Grand Finalist Welsh National Moot Competition (2009)
- Swansea University Moot Competition Winner (2009)
- Prince II certification (SPOCE Management, 2014)
- Accredited Mediator (ADR Group Bristol, 2010)
- Bar Vocational Course (University of the West of England, 2010)
- LLB Law Hons (University of Wales Swansea, 2009)