Kiran’s practice covers a variety of contentious and non-contentious insurance and reinsurance matters for clients based in the London market, US, Bermuda and Europe, in a number of classes of business.
His primary focus is on property and liability insurance, reinsurance (and run-off claims), and specialty lines including contingency, accident and health and jeweller's block/specie. He also handles a wide variety of subrogation matters.
Recent examples of Kiran’s work include:
- Successfully obtaining judgment for subrogating insurers on recoveries arising from the London riots;
- Advising London market insurers on US liability exposures arising from the construction of a US onshore power facility;
- Advising on a $2bn onshore energy property damage and business interruption loss;
- Advising contingency insurers on Covid19 and terrorism exposures;
- Advising reinsurers on the aggregation of risks, including recent WTC arbitration cases, US Hurricane/flood losses, the New Zealand earthquake exposures and UK medical negligence risks and.
- Acting for London insurers and reinsurers seeking recovery of reinsurance assets globally, including London arbitrations and enforcement proceedings abroad;
- Advising London and EU insurers on issues arising out of binding authority and commission arrangements in the London market.
- IBA (Vice Chair, Insurance Committee)
- IRLA (Insurance and Reinsurance Legacy Association)
- IUA Contingency Business Panel
"Global head of insurance Kiran Soar has considerable expertise across a range of contentious matters, including both insurance and reinsurance disputes. He regularly handles high-value international mandates concerning marine insurance as well as those arising in the oil and gas sector." – Chambers and Partners