Łukasz Gembiś is an advocate working as a Senior Associate in the Warsaw office’s Dispute Resolution Practice. He specializes in civil law disputes (contractual claims and liability for damages), construction (including FIDIC contracts) and corporate law (corporate disputes) before the common and arbitration courts. He advises clients on contracts’ execution stage as well as in pre-trial and settlement negotiations, including mediation. Łukasz provides driven advice to help clients reach their ultimate goals.
He has experience in criminal proceedings related in particular to commercial fraud and bribery, where he has represented clients at all stages of criminal proceedings, acting both as a defender and as a proxy of auxiliary prosecutors. He supports clients in corporate investigations and audits.
His practice also includes legal advisory in the field of construction law, infrastructure projects and public procurement, including representation of clients before the National Appeals Chamber.He has gained legal experience at international and Polish law firms in Warsaw. During law school at the University of Warsaw, he was an intern in two most recognized arbitration courts in Poland. For a few months following graduation he was foreign lawyer at an international law firm based in Detroit.
- Advocate - The Warsaw Bar Association
- Young ICCA
Litigation and Arbitration - Construction Disputes
- Member of the team representing the Chinese-Polish consortium of construction companies in court proceedings, negotiations and settlement with the investor GDDKIA arising from performance of an agreement for the design and construction of A and C sections of A2 Motorway (value of claims over PLN 500 million) and in numerous disputes with subcontractors.
- Legal advisory for a Polish construction company performing numerous road and rail projects in Poland - including drafting of contracts and pre-trial documents, participation in negotiations with subcontractors.
Litigation and Arbitration - Commercial Disputes
- Member of the team representing a Polish rail carrier in court proceedings against a leading rail infrastructure administrator in Poland over the collision of two trains (value of claims over PLN 20 million).
- Member of the team representing the British investment fund in a dispute with the insurer regarding the refusal to pay damages for a fire in a building in the center of Łódź.
- Member of the team representing a Polish construction company from the energy and oil and gas sectors in criminal proceedings and advising in internal proceedings regarding alleged bribery offered in connection with one of the largest energy investments in Poland.
- Representation of a Polish entrepreneur from the construction sector in criminal proceedings regarding corruption charges related to the construction of a sewage treatment plant in Warsaw.
Public Procurement Law
- Member of the team advising and representing before the National Appeals Chamber of the Chinese construction company in the procurement proceedings for Design and construction of the Thermal Waste Transformation Installation in Warsaw".
- Member of the team advising and representing before the National Appeals Chamber of the Chinese construction company in the procurement proceedings for the second metro line in Warsaw - III Stage.