Sarah is an Associate with over 20 years' experience in dealing with a large range of insurance claims, including cross-border litigation, catastrophic and high value personal injury claims, including brain injuries, amputations, serious fractures as well as all manner of soft tissue injuries.
Sarah deals with holiday and package travel regulation claims, winter sports and skiing claims, motor claims, product liability claims and matters involving the Border Force. Sarah is involved in employers liability/public liability claims arising out of falls from height, slips and trips, accidents with machinery and fork lift trucks, as well as product liability cases, including claims relating to the manufacture of medical appliances, faulty household products, faulty pipework and manufacturing defects of motorbikes.
Sarah was called to the Bar in 1996 and was entered onto the Roll of Solicitors in 2008. Additionally Sarah has worked for a global insurer. Sarah undertakes drafting and advocacy. Sarah has an excellent working knowledge of German.Sarah has experience of settling claims arising in various jurisdictions, to include Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Greece, Croatia, Austria, Belgium and Slovakia. Sarah also deals with claims under the Montreal Convention and the Athens Convention.
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Acting on behalf of a Defendant Polish insurer in relation to a brain injury sustained in a motorbike accident in Poland.
- Acting for a Romanian insurer involving a claim by a young woman who underwent a high level leg amputation.
- Acting on behalf of a German insurer in relation to a catastrophic road traffic accident in Germany involving a brain injury.
- Pleading fundamental dishonesty on behalf of a German insurer in relation to a German road traffic accident.
- Arguing forum conveniens in relation to a claim brought in the English Courts where the German Court was first seised of the claim arising from a German road traffic accident.
- Acting on behalf of a Spanish insurer in relation to a catastrophic injury claim, raising issues including limitation and the indemnity limits of Spanish insurance policy.
- Involvement in a case arising out of a fall from height, resulting in a severe spinal injury.
- Sarah has also assisted in the case of Wink v Croatia Osiguranje DD  involving the issues of jurisdiction and forum conveniens