Giovanni specialises in M&A and corporate law. After studying at the Universities of Bologna and Heidelberg, he joined a leading German law firm in Berlin and then started working in Milan. He has gained a broad expertise on domestic and cross border M&A transactions, assisting international clients (mostly coming from German-speaking countries) in their businesses in Italy.
Giovanni has also developed a strong expertise providing legal advice to innovative firms, FinTech companies and crowdfunding portals, with a particular focus on equity crowdfunding regulation. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars and published a number of articles on equity crowdfunding and alternative finance instruments, as well as on other FinTech related topics.
- Deutscher Anwaltverein (DAV)
- Deutscher Anwaltverein Italien (DAV Italien)
- Verband Deutscher Anwälte (VDA)
- Deutsch-Italienische Juristenvereinigung (DIJV)
- FinTech District of Milan
- Italia StartUp
- Equity crowdfunding: le novità del regolamento Consob, Altalex, 14/02/2018
- Finanza alternativa e fintech a supporto dell’innovazione: l’attuale contesto normativo e le sfide per l’operatore del diritto, Altalex, 11/10/2017
- Startup innovative, le deroghe al diritto societario estese alle PMI in forma di srl, Altalex, 5/07/2017
- L’equity crowdfunding e la progressiva perdita del diritto di esclusiva delle start-up e PMI innovative, Altalex, 10/05/2017
- “Nuova finanza” e governance societaria: Start-up e PMI tra equity crowdfunding e venture capital, Altalex, 1/03/2017
- Contratti di cessione delle partecipazioni sociali: l’arbitraria equiparazione di “impegni di garanzia” e “clausole di revisione del prezzo” in una recente decisione del Tribunale di Milano, Diritto Bancario, 24/01/2017
- L’equity crowdfunding dopo la Legge di Stabilità 2017, Diritto Bancario, 19/12/2016
- Il rapporto tra imprenditore ed investitore (Crowdfunders), Altalex, 14/09/2016
- Rapporto tra imprenditore e investitore (Venture Capitalist o Business Angel), Altalex, 13/07/2016
- Modalità di raccolta del capitale di rischio: un’introduzione al rapporto tra investitore e imprenditore, Altalex, 18/05/2016
- La «specificità» delle clausole statutarie di esclusione del socio di s.r.l.: un invito alla dottrina, Il Caso, 10/12/2015
- Quali prospettive per l'equity crowdfunding in Italia?, Diritto 24, 6/03/2015
- Advised the shareholders of Giglio.com in the legal aspects of a minority investment by Equilybra S.p.A. (January 2019)
- Assisted VAM Investments Group, in the sale of a minority share in the company to TAGES S.p.A. (December 2018)
- Acting for Astraco S.r.l. in the incorporation and capital increase as well as in the private investors club deal for the purchase of Pancioc (July 2018)
- Advised VAM Investments Group S.p.A. and Immobiliare.it S.p.A. in the capital increase of Soundreef S.p.A. (May 2018)
- Acting for Headway Capital Partners LLP in the acquisition of Forno della Rotonda S.p.A. and of Castaldi Lights S.p.A. as well (February 2018)
"Highly experienced" Giovanni Cucchiarato has been recognised for his "perfect German" and "good understanding of cross-border contexts. He is experienced in assisting German clients with their Italian corporate mandates, including distressed M&A and restructuring"
Chambers & Partners Global & Europe Guide Corporate M&A 2019
"Giovanni Cucchiarato frequently advises German clients concerning matters in Italy. Sources highlight his language capabilities, noting that he is able to speak fluent German and English. One commentator praises: "He provides very fast and reliable answers with a strong problem-solving approach”.
Chambers Global 2018
"Internationally minded practitioner, with particular expertise in the German market, having previously worked in Germany."
Chambers Global 2017