ExperienceWith over 20 years' experience Mary has developed an extensive practice in the areas of financial services, commercial litigation and insolvency, enabling her to navigate for her clients a vast array of complex legal and regulatory matters.
Mary enjoys a varied client base across the financial services sector, property and manufacturing industries and has acted for a number of publically listed companies, major banks, finance companies, manufacturers, private companies, high net worth individuals, family groups and SMEs.
Her practice extends to commercial and consumer lending, compliance advice, anti-competitive conduct advice, security audits and certification of security.
Mary has expertise in large-scale commercial litigation and dispute resolution including disputes related to shareholder disputes, director and officer disputes, joint venture and property disputes, trade and regulatory disputes. She has particular expertise in issuing and defending urgent injunctive proceedings.
Mary furthermore acts for a number of prominent insolvency practitioners. She regularly is involved in conducting public examinations, dealing with cross-jurisdiction applications and the execution of search warrants to recover assets. She advises and acts for insolvency practitioners and major creditors in relation to voluntary administrations, deeds of company arrangement, PPSR issues and proceedings involving the recovery of assets relating to unreasonable director related transactions, preference claims, uncommercial transactions, breach of directors’ duties and bankruptcy issues.
In her spare time Mary enjoys spending time catching up with family and friends and keeping her Dalmatian entertained.
- Property Council of Australia
- Full Member - Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Committee Member – Ethics Liaison Committee – Law Institute of Victoria (2007 to present)
- Member, Past President of WIRV – Women in Insolvency and Reconstruction Victoria (previously IWIRC) (2005 to 2007) & Committee Member (2000 to 2010)
- Member of Banking and Financial Services Law Association (2000 – present)
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria, (1997 – present)